Observing the continued behavior and actions of Emperor Donald The Trump, I began to realize that there is no difference between the Trump presidency and that of rogue HOA presidencies. In fact, Sir Trump proudly admits that he is a rogue president operating as he feels without restraints.
Consider the following behaviors:
- Lies, misrepresentations, half-truths and flip-flop statements;
- Pursuing personal agendas;
- Failing to produce documents as requested violating ethical and legal duties;
- Failing to respond to queries from those he represents who have the right to know;
- Defending his actions as “saving the nation;”
- Attacking, slandering and vilifying those who criticize him and his views; and
- Generally exhibiting a defiant and uncooperative attitude in response to the people he represents.
Sound familiar? So sad, so sad.
In May this year I wrote (“HOA-LAND, a lesson for politicos surprised by Imperial Presidency“),
Why are the politicos so surprised at this inevitable turn of events with Imperial President, Donald the Trump, here in the bastion of democracy? Maybe because they have long ignored the fact that 23% of Americans live in HOA-LAND, where authoritarian governments rule the people outside the fundamental social contract known as the US Constitution.
Now, do you still want to believe that in this New America state legislatures will do the principled thing and stand by the values, ideals and principles of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence?